Ever read a "How to Be a Writer" type of book? I've read a few this year. Common lessons- avoid adverbs, widen your vocabulary, use the exclamation point sparingly, and only use the 1st person narrative if the main character has a distinctive voice. And...in order to BE a writer, you must have passion.
That's the best piece of advice out there. You must have passion and if you don't, find another career. A writer will not stop writing. Just like a drug addict can't stop doing drugs. Seriously, it would take more than an intervention to stop me from writing. You'd have to kill me first. But please don't. Not until I'm published. ;-)
I could write more about this, but I'm so ready to work on my newest novel "SNOW FLOWER" that I'm cutting this blog short. Adios!
New Release Spotlight: Kaitlin Curtice
1 week ago
You write like a maniac (in a good way)! :)
ReplyDelete