So I have this 3-ring binder. It's yellow. It's cheap. And it holds every single rejection letter I've gotten for writing whether it be from a publishing company, an agency, or a grad school. Every few weeks I add new letters. It's sad to think I might run out of room someday and have to buy a bigger one. But my imagination leads me to believe that one day I'll be sitting next to Oprah with that binder on my lap. And I'll show it to the world.
I've only been pursuing writing seriously for two years. I've grown so much. It's shocking when I read stuff from two years ago and think "Yuck! What was I think putting in all those exclamation marks?" Two years from now, I'll read the stuff I'm writing right now and probably think the same thing. So if that's the case, am I really ready to see my novels on the bookshelves of Barnes&Nobles and Borders? Maybe not. Maybe I'm not ready to be published. Maybe I'm not good enough yet.
But I will be someday. Because I'll never give up.
In the meantime, I'd be nice to have a literary agent at least ask for more sample pages. At least.
New Release Spotlight: Kaitlin Curtice
1 week ago
Agreed! Can't some of them at least show some interest?
ReplyDelete