Monday, January 3, 2011

new laptop=new inspiration?

I think having a new laptop will help my writing. It's something new and exciting. The keypad is so nice and smooth and the screen is bigger.

So it's January. I completed half of my December goals. I edited a lot of stuff, but I could have done better. I was also supposed to finish my Nano novel. I have roughly 5,000 words to go but I'm falling out-of-obsession with the story and becoming enthralled by a new novel that 9,000 words strong. So here's my dilemna: finish the old novel or continue with the new?

I could work on both, and that sounds like a fair compromise, but I'm so excited by my new novel. So maybe I'll promise myself this: I can write my new novel so long as I write 500 words a night on the other.

I love arguing with myself.

That's what makes me a writer. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Stop arguing with yourself and start writing the new novel that fills your thoughts and keeps you awake at night. You can always go back to the old one. That's what Muses are for.

    ReplyDelete