Push by Sapphire 7/10
Push is emotionally touching but hard to read because of the language and details of the rapes. I also wanted it to be longer. It didn't seem believable that the main character could transform so quickly. The changes she made were great and admirable, but I'm one of those people who appreciate the journey.
Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist 10/10
This is a real vampire novel. Scary, bloody, gory...loved every page of it! I felt sympathy for every character even the "evil" ones. I think this could be enjoyed by mature high schoolers. It's graphic but not over the top. It's classy gore.
On the Prowl 6/10
This is a collection of urban fantasy short stories. "Alpha and Omega" was good. The rest were so-so. Too much telling not enough showing.
Next reads...THE REPLACEMENT by Brenna Yovanoff. I will admit, I bought this book based on its cover but I've heard it's actually really good. :-)
New Release Spotlight: Kaitlin Curtice
1 week ago
I've read and reviewed Let The Right One In. Loved it. The rest I haven't read, though The Replacement is on my TBR pile. Let me know what you think when you're done with it. It looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteI've read the 1st 3 chapters and really like it so far.
ReplyDelete