I'm applying for grad schools. MFA in Creative Writing! I want I want I want!
Last year I submitted 3 chapters from a novel. I don't think that was the way to go since I got rejected from all the schools I applied to. So this year I'm submitting 2-3 short stories. I've narrowed it down to 5. And I've let a lot of people read them and everyone is giving me different advice about which two are the best. So, just based on a one sentence blurb about each one, which 2 or 3 would you pick?
Short Story #1- During a blizzard, a young woman reunites with her ex-boyfriend and discovers how he really died.
Short Story #2- A teenage girl digs a hole in the backyard and her cute, next door neighbor suspects she's burying a body.
Short Story #3- A young woman with a cutting problem, reunites with her deceased brother everytime she cuts too deep.
Short Story #4- Two sisters, one dying of leukemia, enjoy the rush of a passing train, but the rush is less and less impressive the sicker the one sister becomes.
Short Story #5- A young woman tries to convince her star-gazing sister to come to the hospital to say good-bye to their dying father.
New Release Spotlight: Kaitlin Curtice
1 week ago
#2 & #3
ReplyDelete#5, #2, #3! Good luck!
ReplyDelete