Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holidays...

For most Americans, this time of year is hectic. Hurrying to get last minute gifts, dealing with family, traffic, weather...but usually by Christmas Eve life slows down, you breathe and you smile because you're with your family, you're alive and well.

I can't remember the last time I thoroughy enjoyed Christmas or any major holiday for that matter. When life slows down, my creative juices, my energy, my whole persona just slows down with it and I sink into a funk. I almost feel like the Xmas Grinch.

So what can I do this year to avoid feeling like a Grinch? I'm thinking I should just follow my impulses. If I can't handle the slow-moving pace of the holidays, I should go out and do something fast-paced, even if I have to do it by myself. Running would be my ideal choice but I'm prone to ankle injuries when I run in the winter.

I could go to a coffee shop and write. But what coffee shops are open on Christmas?

This post is so the stereotypical "oh woo is me" writer rant. I'll be posting something less depressing after the holidays pass and I'm counting down to spring.

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment