Thursday, May 19, 2011

Goals, Life, Updates, I Heart Thor

I have been neglecting my blog duties for quite some time. I know when summer hits I'll be posting every day and commenting on all my favorite blogs, but I could do better now. I've just been so busy!

My weekdays have revolved around this schedule:
5:55 Wake Up
6:30 Go to work
7:15 Arrive at Work
3:00 Leave work
3:30-5:00 Work out at the gym
5:00-6:00 Dinner/chill time
6:00-8:00 Edit novels/read old stuff/organize life
8:00-9:00 Eat popsicles and read a book
9:00 Sleep

It's actually a great schedule and I've been following it religiously. My diet is going great and I'm actually losing more weight since I've increased my calories. Total weight lost- 19 pounds in 10 weeks. I feel awesome. I look awesome. Check plus for health and body.

Check plus for finally finishing the edits and revisions to WALKING OFF PLUTO. I've given copies to a few of my friends and look forward to their feedback. While I wait for their critiques, I'm gonna work on my query letter and make up a list of agents I want to send my query to. This is the first non-fantasy book that I'm querying, so I'll actually be able to query a lot more agencies than before. I really have faith in this book. I know it's a good book because it's honest. In order for a novel to be believable you have to write based on what you know, what you think, and what you truly believe in. And everything my characters go through are similiar issues I have dealt with. I feel like I have grown as a person by battling through these problems with my young heroine.

I've also been re-reading and starting to revise some old novels that got put on the back shelf. I wrote a vampire/werewolf novel about two years ago. I queried it and actually got a few agents to read the entire novel. But alas, the main problem was my super slow beginning. So I've been chopping words, scenes, and entire chapters in order to pick up the pace.

There's also my dear NANO novel that is shy of 5,000 words. I MUST FINISH IT!

And there's another novel I wrote last summer that is YA Fantasy and only 96,000 words. Need to edit.

So I have 3 novels to work on while I wait for PLUTO feedback. Though I have a dozen ideas for new novels, I'm not composing any new works until all old projects are edited, revised, read, and queried. I can't keep writing these novels and forgetting about them all because I have a zeal to write more. My library of completed works is overflowing. I must concentrate on what's good, what needs work, what's sellable, etc.

PS. I HEART THOR TIMES A MILLION.

No comments:

Post a Comment