So ever since Nano ended I've maybe written 3,000 words in my novel. I'm a tiny bit disappointed in myself, but I've accomplished a lot elsewhere. For example, grad school applications are done. I'm in the process of submitting my short stories to contests. I'm making edits to my play. And...I'm reading tons!
Recent books read and reviews:
Catching Fire - 8/10
Overall, I was happy with the sequel to The Hunger Games but I felt like it had a slow beginning.
Mockingjay- 7/10
I would have given this a 10/10 if the ending had been re-worked. I felt it was too rushed and I didn't particularly understand the choices of a few characters.
The Girl Who Played with Fire- 9/10
LOVED IT! Lisbeth Salendar is by far my favorite heroine because she is incredibly flawed yet determined and strong. I'm so tired of reading about whiny girls who freak out over dumb stuff. Lisbeth would tell those kind of girls to grow the F up!
I am about to start SPEAK by Laurie Halse Anderson. I saw the movie a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping the book is just as good, if not better.
Writing wise, I plan to finish the first draft of my Nano novel by the New Year and spend January preparing another novel for the Amazon Breakthrough Award. I also hope to squeeze in sometime to edit a novel I wrote over the summer and basically have ignored for several months.
I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday(s)! Ho ho ho
New Release Spotlight: Kaitlin Curtice
1 week ago
Man, how many books do you write per year?!? I'd love to be as prolific when I write as you! And you find time to squeeze in some reading--especially "the girl who played with fire"..which is as thick as a pocket dictionary! I'm catching up on some reading also and it's such a joy to do so. Reading is an amazing pastime!
ReplyDelete