Sunday, October 24, 2010

Birthday, Editing, and Nano Month

I turned 24 yesterday! Whoa! I have officially entered my mid-twenties. Back in college, I always fantasized I'd be published by 24. Well, the best plans never go according to plan. ;-)

So the reason I've failed to update my blog...editing has taken over my life. I have self-deadlines for certain things and then I have a few real deadlines. Grad school applications are due soon and my short stories have to be polished. Is it possible to over-edit? Haha. And edits are due in a week to the theater company producing my play. It's a 100 page script and I'm on page 75. Yikes. I will spend the majority of my free time this week editing the rest and polishing as much as possible before that Nov 1st deadline.

So real deadlines: play and short stories.

Self-deadlines: I wanted to be totally caught up with editing other projects by November so I could do Nano Month. I have a great idea for my first middle school novel and since Nano is a minimum 50K, my novel could be completed in that time frame. I didn't do Nano last year because I was super busy studying for the those evil GREs. This year I will do Nano. I must! And then I'll use December to catch up in editing.

And this much-needed-update is complete. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! (and I hope you'll be able to squeeze some fun and time off in there too to clear your head!)

    ReplyDelete